Friday, October 21, 2011

There was a failure while initializing the Microsoft Visual SourceSafe source control provider

I kept getting this error when I was trying to open my project. 
There was a failure while initializing the Microsoft Visual SourceSafe source control provider. You cannot use this provider to perform source control operations.

Here is the solution:
1. Open VS2005, go to menu Tools -> Options, then click "Source Control"
2. Choose "None" for the drop-down list under "Current souce control plug-in", rather then "Microsoft Visual Source Safe"

Reference: 

Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

worked for me :-)

Anonymous said...

worked for me

Anonymous said...

yes it worked for me also thank u so much

Anonymous said...

Thanks, worked for me too

 

Get paid for your opinions! Click on the banner above to join Planet Pulse. Its totally free to sign up, and you can earn UNLIMITED. Find out more by visiting PLANET PULSE.
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly. http://www.emailcashpro.com
July Code Blog Copyright © 2010 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template